Wicking beds make gardening in summer more productive and time and water efficient all year around.
We’ve decided to create a series of videos walking you thought how to make wicking beds in a few ways.
- Upcycled apple crate
- Old carpet or underfelt to crate bottom size
- Waterproof barrier to crate sides and bottom size. This should be a food grade plastic.
- Slotted Ag-pipe
- Gravel – Enough to just cover ag-pipe
- Geofabric or polyester fabric blanket to crate bottom size
- PVC pipe and elbow fitting
- Irrigation pipe fittings and elbow
- Small section home garden irrigation pipe
- 42mm slats of timber
- Silicon waterproof sealer
- Tape Measure
- Drill and drillbit
- Staple gun
- Ear muffs
- Safety glasses